Many providers outside of Zillow Group will accept Zillow's listing syndication feed, so that no custom development is needed. If you've got a syndication source in mind outside of Zillow Group, let us know.
At minimum, the following portals will accept our Zillow Group syndication file
TRIBUS syndicates listings to Zillow using their proprietary 'ZIF' format.
Due to the specificity of Zillow's syndication documentation, TRIBUS cannot modify the feed outside of what's already been implemented, as it must meet Zillow's specifications exactly. Any changes would cause Zillow to decline pickup of the entire syndication data file.
Since listing syndication is an add-on service (which affects your brokerage's monthly service fees), please alert a TRIBUS representative if you'd like to have syndication activated. Once active, you'll be able to access additional settings.
How to Submit Your Feed to Zillow
- Visit https://www.zillow.com/broker/RealEstateBrokerSignup.htm
- Fill out all required fields
- Make sure to select 'HTTP' for 'Feed Protocol'
- Your 'Feed URL' is located at %yoursite.com%/syndication/listing/zillow.xml
- Zillow will contact you to complete the setup process
If you encounter any problems, e-mail email@example.com for assistance
Please note that if you are looking to submit a rental listing feed for large multifamily properties (generally apartment communities with multiple vacancies), you should instead use their MITS or HotPads format and submit your feed following the instructions here. TRIBUS does not support this type of multi-family rental property feed at this time.
- View TRIBUS IDX > IDX Settings > Listing Syndication
- Select your preferred settings
- Enter your default contact information (since Zillow requires contact info for every listing, this is to ensure that all listings will be syndicated in the event that a listing agent cannot be identified)
Viewing Your Feed
You can view the latest data file being syndicated 24/7 from your IDX Settings > Listing Syndication settings page, or by visiting %yoursite.com%/syndication/listing/zillow.xml
- Any enhanced IDX listings (via TRIBUS) will syndicate with the most updated (i.e. manually overridden data)
- If you have enhanced the listing directly on Zillow, those updates will take priority and data from TRIBUS will no longer be accepted by Zillow
Although TRIBUS posts a new syndication file hourly, Zillow has a predetermined schedule to pickup our updates (i.e. they don't get the latest file each time any change occurs with a listing). Zillow bases their feed update schedule on the frequency that your local MLS provides updates (even when the local MLS is not the source of the data - that's the schedule Zillow will follow for the entire area).
This could vary all the way from every 15 minutes, to every 12 hours. Unfortunately there is absolutely nothing TRIBUS can do to indicate to Zillow that an update is required, as they don't check listing metadata for changes - they just update the entire feed on that set schedule.
Zillow may accept all of your listings, or only some of your listings, or even certain data about a single listing from a variety of sources.
The source URL (i.e. link back) from the listing on Zillow is not always an accurate representation of the actual source of the data. Unfortunately, the only way to know for certain where Zillow is getting certain data about a listing is to contact them directly.
Steps to find where an error may have taken place:
- Confirm whether or not the expected data is visible on your TRIBUS website
- If not, stop here and confirm that the expected data has been saved in your MLS first
- View/download your most recent syndication file
- Search for identifying data about the listing in question (MLS# is a great place to begin)
- Once you've found the listing, confirm whether or not the expected data about the listing is included in the file
- If not, contact TRIBUS Client Care (assuming you've already verified that the data is correct in your MLS)
- If so, contact Zillow support to resolve the issue: 888-466-3501 / firstname.lastname@example.org / 6 am - 6 pm (all timezones), 7 days/week