Follow these steps to add a new user to your site.
1. Log in to the back-end of your company's website, and navigate to Users>Add New in the sidebar menu
2. If the user already exists in the site network, you can simply enter their email address in the first field under Add Existing User. WordPress will search for their email address as you begin typing. You must also select the role of the existing user.
In most cases, you'll be adding a brand new user to the network. In the lower half of the page, under Add New User, you'll enter the desired username, email address, and selected role.* (Choose TRIBUS IDX/CRM Agent for agents.) Please note that usernames cannot be changed after the account is created, so choose wisely and enter carefully.
The new user will receive an email notification, requiring that they click a provided link to confirm their account, unless the "Skip Confirmation Email" box is checked. For this reason, it's recommended that you click the box. This will allow you to edit the new user's profile without relying on them to confirm their account first. You can simply set an easy, default password for them to login, and they can change the password to whatever they like. Click .
3. After the new user's account is created, it's important to visit their user profile to enter all of their contact information, bio, photo(s), etc. Click the Edit User link at the top of the page to jump to the new user's profile.
4. While it's recommended to enter as many fields of information as possible on the user profile page, the following items are crucial:
- First/Last Name
- Display Name - after entering first and last name, select the appropriate Display Name from the dropdown.
- Office - select an office to link the agent to the company's roster page
- Phone Number
- Agent photo
- MLS ID#(s) - this pulls an agent's listings into site widgets and theme options
- Generate Password - click this button, and set an easy default password so the agent can log in.
- Social Media URLs - while these are not required, adding them before the agent's site is created will auto-populate them to the agent site. If added after the site is created, social media URLs will need to be added to the agent site manually, via the Customizer>Footer menu.
Again, all remaining fields are optional, but strongly recommended, as they will show a more complete agent profile on the company roster page, as well as push listing-based identifiers to site widgets and theme options.