Follow these steps to create a new user for your site:
1. From the back-end of your site, hover your mouse over "Users" in the left-hand navigation menu and click
2. Enter the new user's username, email address, and select the role of TRIBUS IDX/CRM Agent.
Click the "Skip Confirmation Email" checkbox if you do not wish to require that the new user confirm their account before it becomes active. If left unchecked, the new user must confirm their account before the rest of their profile can be completed.
Then click .
3. After the new user's account is created, it's important to visit their user profile to enter all of their contact information, bio, photo(s), etc. Click the Edit User link at the top of the page to jump to the new user's profile.
4. While it's recommended to enter as many fields of information as possible on the user profile page, the following items are crucial:
- First/Last Name
- Display Name - after entering first and last name, select the appropriate Display Name from the dropdown.
- Office - select an office to link the agent to the company's roster page
- Phone Number
- Agent photo
- MLS ID#(s) - this pulls an agent's listings into site widgets and theme options
Again, the remaining fields are optional, but strongly recommended, as they will show a more complete agent profile on the company roster page, as well as push listing-based identifiers to site widgets and theme options.
5. Navigate to the Network Admin menu to create the agent's new website. Go to Network Admin>Sites and click
6. Enter the details for the new site. For the sake of consistency, the Site Address (URL) of the new site should be in a similar format to other sites on the domain. For example, if the format is weknowtx.com/johnking, don't create a new site named weknowtx.com/jking.
Site Title isn't required, but can just be the name of the agent.
Enter the agent's email address in the Admin Email field. It should match the email used for adding the agent as a user. This is also a dynamic field. It will begin searching for the email address when you start typing.
7. After you add the site, click "Visit Dashboard" to take you to the back-end of the new user's site.
At this point, you can also send an email to helpdesk@TRIBUSgroup.com to request an API key so the agent's site will be able to receive IDX listings. To request an API key, provide us with the following info:
- Agent's name
- New site's URL (for ex: weknowtx.com/johnking)
- Agent's MLS ID#
- MLS the agent belongs to
8. Visit the agent's site to review it for content and accuracy. Most of the info that was entered in the agent's user profile will populate here. If additional info should be entered, you or the agent may do so from the Customizer menu. Click to access. The Customizer will display on the left side of the agent's home page, allowing you to make changes to any of the options or settings you see, and preview them in real time.
9. To start, click the "Header" option. You'll notice as you enter or delete information in the Customizer, the screen will refresh, so you can preview your changes right away. Always remember to click at the top of the Customizer to save your changes.
1) Update the Site Title to show the agent's first and last name.
2) Check or uncheck the REALTOR® designation after the agent's name.
3) Enter the agent's preferred contact phone number. This will be displayed at the top-right of the home page, next to the Email Me link. The phone number will also be clickable, allowing site visitors to launch a call to the agent from their browser.
4) The label for the "Email Me" link can be changed here if you like. "Email Me" is the default label. You may change this to "Contact Me," or "Contact Us" if you're creating a site for a team.
5) Here you just want to confirm that the agent's preferred email address has been entered correctly. If you need to edit it, click the link to go to "General Settings." This will take you out of the Customizer so you can update the email address.
Note that you don't need to select a Logo image, as this has already been done for all sites on the network.
10. You may wish to add a Welcome message to be shown across the hero image. Click "Hero" in the Customizer menu to do this, and enter the desired message in the "Hero Message" text box.
The agent may also add additional hero images to the existing image(s). If more than one photo is used, they will refresh each time the home page is refreshed. Click if any changes are made.
11. Click the "Footer" menu to enter any social media profiles the agent wishes to link to in the footer of their site.
The Footer menu also includes the company disclaimer. This is typically locked at the network level, but due to the recent Texas requirement of displaying a link to the TREC Consumer Notice, the site disclaimer will need to be added manually to each new agent site. Simply copy and paste the text of the disclaimer into the Disclaimer box. Refer to the Disclaimer article for more complete instructions.
12. Click "Widgets" from the Customizer menu. There are many widgets the agents can use and customize to their liking. Any widgets not configured, or for which there is no data, will not be shown. Three widgets that can be enabled at site launch are:
- TRIBUS Theme: Featured Agent
- TRIBUS Theme: Featured Agent Listings
- TRIBUS Theme: Featured Area Listings
Click the triangle to expand and configure each widget.
The "Featured Agent" widget is a simple dropdown in the Customizer. Using this widget will show a row of icons and text (to be entered by the agent under the "Featured Agent Widget" section of their user profile.) If the agent doesn't complete the Featured Agent Widget section of their user profile, only the phone icon will display next to their photo.
The "Featured Agent Listings" and "Featured Area Listings" widgets look very similar, and can be configured with as many or as few search criteria as possible. Just note that the "Featured Agent Listings" widget is dependent upon the MLS ID#.
Each widget should load with a Title automatically, but if it doesn't, just add a title and save. If an API key hasn't been requested at this point, you won't see property types and statuses in the widgets, as these are pulled from the MLS.