To add the Facebook login option to your site-wide Login/Register forms, follow these steps.
- Visit the Facebook Application Setup page
- Login with your personal Facebook credentials (or create a Facebook account if you don't already have one)
- Click “Add a New App”
- Enter a Display Name (don't worry, this won't show up publicly - it's only used for you to identify this Facebook App in the future) and your Contact Email (both fields are required)
Click 'Create App ID' (note, you'll probably have to fill in the letters shown in a Captcha form too before you can proceed)
- IMPORTANT: Ensure the new App is not in 'developer mode' to avoid this error when trying to use the feature
- View the App (by clicking on it from the 'Dashboard')
- Select the 'App Review' tab from the menu on the left
- Under the first option, ensure that the toggle for public visibility is set to 'Yes'
- You'll be required to select an App category, and then confirm
- Choose 'Facebook Login', and then 'Set Up'
- Choose 'Web'
- Proceed through only step 1 of 5 in the 'Web' setup form
Enter your 'Site URL' (copy/paste the full URL, including 'https://')
Click Save and Continue
- In the left-hand sidebar menu, click on the 'Dashboard' option
- Locate the 'Dashboard' section for the App you just created (it will be labeled with the 'Display Name' you set in step 4)
Copy the 'App ID' and 'App Secret' (you'll have to click 'show' and then confirm your Facebook password to proceed) from that box
Do not click 'Reset', unless you're willing to complete all following steps over again
- Now you're ready to paste those credentials into TRIBUS! While logged in, visit 'TRIBUS IDX' > 'IDX Settings' (or add /wp-admin/admin.php?page=tridx_idx_settings#LoginRegistration to your site URL)
- Click the 'Login/Registration' tab (Note, for agent/team sites, first click 'Enable Site Specific Settings' on the 'General' tab), and locate the 'Social Settings' section
Paste your 'Facebook App ID' and 'Facebook App Secret' (the ones you copied from the Facebook Developer Dashboard in step 9)
- Click 'Save', and you're all set!
If you're a brokerage staff member, and you want to add Facebook login to multiple sites in your network, you can use the same Facebook Developer account for each (steps 1-2), but you'll need to create a new 'App' for each agent/team site you're managing this for (steps 3-12).