Plugin Request Process
Should you want to request a plugin which hasn't been included in the 'approved' list below, please send in a request to [email protected] so that our Client Care team may evaluate the plugin and verify that it's something we are able to install for you. Please note that All plugins must be PHP7-compatible.
If the plugin checks out, TRIBUS would install and activate it for you. At that point, you'd be able to access the plugin's settings and use it's features on your website.
Please note that even if a plugin passes our security and system compatibility checks, it's still possible that it could cause issues with your site once installed (functionality or page design/layout). In those cases, TRIBUS will deactivate the plugin to confirm it's the cause of the issue, and if so, then the plugin must be deleted from the site.
This list of plugins (and types of plugins) are never authorized for use on TRIBUS websites and will not be installed by TRIBUS. Should TRIBUS identify that any plugins within the below list have been installed and/or activated, TRIBUS reserves the right to deactivate the plugin and delete all files associated with that plugin without notice.
- Any page/post template builder (such as Visual Composer, etc.) or CSS plugins: Any plugin/module which attempts to insert/override code or CSS into your site and can have an hold on how the site will operate. This is a very bad idea, because it could compromise your site and it's design. Remember that should you need a certain style/edit option, TRIBUS can likely build this custom for you to your exact specifications as a part of a change order.
- Code inserter plugins
- Any related post plugins
- SEO plugins other than Yoast, as they are likely to conflict with Yoast which is in use
- IDX plugins outside of TRIBUS
Note that TRIBUS may add to or amend this list at any time as we are made aware of new issues.
There are certain plugins and modules within those plugins which are believed to be very stable and secure. TRIBUS offers to install, activate and even support the use of these plugins.
This plugin will be activated for you and TRIBUS will enter the required API key so that you can access a brand new 'Video Tutorials' tab within the WordPress menu. Navigating to this tab will allow you to watch pre-recorded WordPress training videos on various topics like creating/editing content, managing widgets and working with menus.
Should you want to upload your own custom videos, this may be done on a site by site basis through the plugin as well. No other settings are available for this plugin.
This plugin will be activated for you and TRIBUS will enter the required API key so that comments viewed as 'spam' will not be made visible or approved on your site. There are a few additional options for how you would like Akismet to deal with comments classified as spam, which you can easily configure through the Akismet options.
We believe that this is a very beneficial plugin, as long as it is used properly. TRIBUS will enable the supported modules and configure recommended and default settings that come with each supported module when your site launches. In addition to this part of setup, you can seek support from TRIBUS on any of the supported modules after launch if needed.
- Enhanced Distribution: Share your public posts and comments to search engines and other services
- Extra Sidebar Widgets: Add images, twitter streams and your site's RSS links to your sidebar.
- Omnisearch: Search and entire database from a single field in your dashboard
- Protect: Secure your WordPress sites from malicious and unwanted login attempts
- Publicize: Share new posts on social media networks automatically
- Related Posts: Display links to your related content under posts and pages
- Sharing: Allow visitors to share your content on Facebook, twitter and more. With just a click
- Shortcode Embeds: Embed content from YouTube, Vimeo, SlideShare and more. No coding necessary
- Site Stats: Monitor your daily visits stats with clear, concise reports and no additional load on your server
- Spelling and Grammar: Check your spelling, style and grammar with the After the Deadline proofreading service
- Widget Visibility: Specify which widgets appear on which pages of your site
- Manage: Control all of your self hosted accounts through one central Jetpack dashboard
- Beautiful Math: Use LaTeX markup language in posts and pages for complex equations and other geekery
- Carousel: Transform standard image galleries into fullscreen slideshows
- Gravatar Hovercards: Enable pop-up business cards over commenters' Gravatars
- Likes: Give visitors an easy way to show their appreciation for your content
- Markdown: Write posts or pages in plain text Markdown syntax
- Notifications: Received notifications of site activity via the admin toolbar and your Apple device
- Posts By Email: Publish posts by email, using any device and email client
- Site Verification: Verify your site or domain with Google Webmaster tools, Pinterest and others
- Subscriptions: Allow users to subscribe to your posts and comments and receive notifications via email
- Tiled Galleries: Display your image galleries in a variety of sleek, graphic arrangements
4. Yoast SEO
This plugin comes with a very robust set of options. TRIBUS will activate and configure the plugin for you initially in the way that is viewed as most ideal for your site's SEO.
Due to the complexities of SEO management, TRIBUS recommends that all novice users leave the settings as they stand when your site first launches. For more technical IT level users, you may access Yoast SEO's settings and customize them how you see fit. Due to your ability to make customizations, the TRIBUS team will not be able to fully support this plugin if you have made modifications to its settings, although there are a few helpful videos included within the WP101 set for you to learn from.
Additionally, TRIBUS maintains for your site's SEO on a twice per month basis, and because of this we do not recommend that the post/page specific 'Yoast SEO' settings section be filled in with any content by you.
5. Gravity Forms
Note that Gravity Forms is NOT integrated with TRIBUS' lead manager, which means that submissions from your Gravity Forms will not be stored as leads within the back-end, but rather in Gravity Forms' 'Entries' tab.
TRIBUS will assist clients with information on how to build, setup and insert a Gravity form onto a page/post within the website. We will not support the CSS/styling or layouts of Gravity Forms within the page.